Thursday, March 27, 2008

Macro for Quick Power Boost

Depending on your specs, you will have some temporary buffs for your Pet and Character that will give you extra killing power. Presumably the same is true of trinkets, as most of them have a "use" buff in addition to "equip" stats. If you are in a long, drawn out battle with a boss it is nice to be able to quickly access all or most of these buffs in one easy keystroke, so you can maintain maximum damage. After all, that is our job! Here is what I have:
/cast Bestial Wrath
/use Bladefist's Breadth

Bestial Wrath is the Beast Master buff that vastly increases the Pet's damage output, and the Hunter's as well if you have the correct specs. The Bladefist's Breadth is a trinket that increases Attack Power by 200 for 15 seconds. Both of these in unison increase my damage significantly, so I use this macro when I have long battles with bosses, or if I get swarmed by mobs and I want to kill them quickly (such as when mining, so I don't lose the node).

My second trinket does not have a use, but has a random buff that has a chance to occur on critical hits. When I have all three of these going at the same time, my damage goes through the roof! For this reason I like to keep my Crit% as high as possible. Right now it is at 24.78%. Anyway, because the second trinket (Hourglass of the Unraveller) does not have a "use", I don't add it to this macro; otherwise I would.

No comments: