Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First Trip to Zul'Aman

Well, rather than going to Karazhan as I had thought was planned, we went instead to Zul'Aman. For those who do not know, this is an instance which is designed to be a quicker run than Karazhan, but with tougher bosses. Because we had more than 10 people ready to go I was only in on the first boss, which was fine with me considering we nearly wiped on the one I was at. When you consider that Nalorakk is the easiest of the six bosses, it was probably a good thing I was replaced with a bit higher DPS hunter!

However, the experience I got was well worth the time it took, and we did take him down the second time (we reset rather than wiped due to some quick thinking, and only two deaths out of the ten). Plus I got a badge of justice, which I now have enough of to trade in on something decent.

So, what did I learn? Well, not only do I need more DPS (520 per second is what I did according to SW Stats), but I really need to use better Mana potions. I will need to read up on what is available; if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear about them.

Also, if there is a way to avoid spending 50 gold on a flask for just one boss, that would be great too! But 120 extra Attack Power is pretty compelling.

No comments: